CELEBRATE THE 4TH OF JULY (OR ANY SUMMERTIME FESTIVITY) IN STYLE, WHILE REAPING THE HEALTH & BEAUTY BENEFITS OF PURE ESSENTIAL OILS
By: Heather Hooke
You guys have got to check out my new favorite summertime beverage, which adds a unique and stylish flair to any party and is sure to turn heads at your next BBQ!
This refreshing drink is super easy to do and a fun way to mix up the typical sugary soda and calorie-laden beverages you tend to see. Not that I’m a huge drinker or anything, but being preggers when it comes to celebrations like the 4th of July, I have to think outside the box. I discovered a Lavender Lemonade recipe which was okay at first, but I felt it needed a little oomph! So I decided to experiment and add my ingestible essential oils (knowing they would up the health factor) along with a few other details and – voila! – the trubeauty Lavender Lemonade recipe was born, which encourages health and beauty on the inside and out for all of you this summer!
My favorite way to serve this stylish sipper is in a traditional, glass mason jar. The mason jars serve two purposes: not only are they super cute and very on-trend these days with the boho-chic, backyard BBQ vibe – but it is believed glass is healthier to drink out (vs. say, plastic) due to plastic’s synthetic properties. Regardless, glass or stainless steel is recommended when ingesting citrus essential oils, since the potent citric acid from the lemon rind can eat through synthetic plastics over time.
While you can opt to stop at the mason jar, if you’re like me and want to add a little extra pizazz to your party, I suggest you add a festive straw to each glass! Design-wise, this adds a pop of color to match the rest of the themed party, but from a functional standpoint it will also prevent someone from drinking straight from the glass and have a giant lemon wheel or lavender garnish hit them in the face getting all over them lol! Personally, I love the cute paper straws from Target that they change out monthly, based on the upcoming holiday. We did this for my recent springtime baby shower with white and lavender polka dots on the straws and it really brought the whole look together! *Be sure to check out Target’s $1 – $3 bins in the front of the store too; often I’ll find the straws and other party items there for half the price of the normal party section and they are just as cute, if not cuter!
DIY Lavender Lemonade (with therapeutic grade Lavender + Lemon Essential Oil)
1. 1 cup raw (ideally local) honey *Local honey has been said to assist those who struggle with seasonal allergies
2. 12 cups water
3. 1-2 drops lavender essential oil *CLICK HERE For 25% Off My Favorite Essential Oils
5. 4 drops lemon essential oil *CLICK HERE For 25% Off My Favorite Essential Oils
6. 6 fresh lemons, peeled and juiced
7. Slice lemons (including peel) into 1/4″ round “wheels” for garnish *See Image (I l
8. Lavender sprigs for garnish
1. Mix all ingredients together into 1 large clear glass pitcher
2. *Add water, essential oils, or raw honey, according to taste
3. Chill for 1 hour MIN.
4. When serving, add 1-3 lemon “wheels” + 1 lavender sprig per glass for garnish